Tuesday, January 17, 2012

More pics to share

This baby bottom cake was inspired by SO many cakes on Cake Central.  I had never considered making one, because I'll let you in on a little secret....I've always thought they were a little creepy.  I mean....where is the rest of the baby?? ;)  BUT.....(no pun intended!) I had a request for one, and I accepted.  Now what is funny to me is that on my Facebook page, THIS is the cake that has received comment after comment.  Go figure. ;)  It was a sweet cake.....but it was a big baby bum! 



These sweet ladybug cupcakes were for a sweet gal who "has just always wanted to order some cute, girly cupcakes for myself".   They were dark chocolate with cookies & cream filling.  She was pleased.



The colors requested for this cake were deep purple, black and silver (gray).  (the lighting makes the purple look lighter than it really is) I made it look masculine with some retro squares.  All buttercream.



I "mustache" you to my party is what the front of this young lady's invitation to her 13th birthday party said.  So I gave her 13 mustaches to "wear" and then eat!






I did cakes for two Olivias last weekend.   This one was a surprise for Grandma and Momma.  Olivia was back home in Indiana celebrating her birthday with friends and family and they asked me to do the cake.  I was thrilled to take their "theme" and come up with a sweet surprise.  This family is precious to me.  You'd be hard pressed to find more dear, loving friends and it was my blessing to be able to do the cake for this precious little girl.  All fondant covered, and hand painted.  Inspired by the website belleandboo.com.



I was excited to do a sweet 16 Vegas style cake for this young lady.  They had a big party planned, which called for a big cake!  What I was most excited for was the bottom tier to be cut into and enjoyed.  The birthday girl requested strawberry cake with chocolate filling and fresh strawberries.  My mouth is watering  even as I type!  Can't go wrong with chocolate and strawberries in my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment